Again this year, The Minnesota Presenters Network (MPN) has an opportunity to prepare for the MSAB legacy tour program deadline that will assist Minnesota artists touring during the 2014-2015 season.
So MPN is planning a summer conference full of opportunities
• to meet with Minnesota artists and producers as they plan for future projects,
• to view artist showcases,
• to dialogue with funding partners,
• to learn about the Cultural Data Project and our MPN website,
• to make our organizations smarter and to demonstrate success and community value through no-nonsense evaluation, and
• to network with colleagues.
This get-together is our chance to make sure that prospects ahead will benefit the citizens of Minnesota, our region, the performing artists we work with, and our institutions.
It is expected that registration for this event will be under $100 per person. There will be lodging options both on (Cheap!) and off (Nice!) campus. Registration information to follow soon. Please let us know if you have any questions.
have three opportunities to present work and future projects to all presenters attending this summer’s conference as well as to share artist rosters and artist availability for the 2014-2015 season:
1. No later than midnight Thursday May 16, 2013
apply for one of the four 15 minute showcase slots occurring from 12:45 pm – 2:00 pm on Monday June 10, 2013. There are 4 showcase slots. Showcases
will be chosen from the applicant pool by a presenter panel. Applicants will be notified about their showcase participation by Friday May 17, 2013.
2. No later than midnight Friday May 31, 2013
sign up for one of the 15 PechaKucha slots
(a simple presentation format where you show 20 images, each for 20 seconds. Check out this link and keep in mind that you can imbed video or choose to do more/less slides as long as you stay within the time limit: (http://www.pechakucha.org/
) to be held from 2:15 pm – 4:15 pm on Monday June 10, 2013.
3. No later than midnight Friday May 31, 2013
sign up for the casual Artist/Presenter Connection
Opportunity to follow the showcases/PechaKucha from 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm on Monday June 10, 2013. Affiliate members will be given a table area to call home base (feel free to bring visuals!) and engage in further conversation with Presenters.
TO SIGN UP:
· email Brooke Horejsi at firstname.lastname@example.org
· include the following in your email:
1. Affiliate Member name and contact info
2. Brief description of your work (feel free to include links to images/video).
3. Indicate which of the three opportunities you are interested in (you can choose one, two, or all three!) Please be aware that the showcase application deadline is earlier than the PechaKucha deadline.
4. If you are applying for a 15 min showcase please additionally include; how many artists will be with your group, basic technical needs.
ONLY artists who are MPN Affiliate Members in good standing may participate.
To become an Affiliate Member go to the become a member page